This week on the podcast I am joined by Alec Gorjestani, a software engineer, and the co-founder of OfferingTree. On this episode of the podcast we are talking about the importance of websites and SEO for yoga teachers.
Alec shares the benefits of having a website as a yoga teacher, as well as breaks down what SEO is and how you can start improving your SEO as a yoga teacher. We talk about both technical and non-technical ways to improve your SEO, and Alec shares specific strategies and tips for yoga teachers in an easy to understand way. Finally, Alec also share what OfferingTree is and why they’ve created it as an alternative for yoga teachers.
Business Lessons in this Episode:
- Your digital presence is your store front nowadays, and your website the foundation of this
- If you want to build your own brand as a yoga studio, it’s important to have your own personal presence online
- SEO = making your website as easy to find as possible
- Create authentic content so that Google can understand what you’re about
- Blogging is one of the best ways to create content and you can start by blogging what you’re an expert at
- You can use keywords to help Google recognize your website and using keywords that are relevant to what you do is important
- Share your site and your posts as much as you can!
- When you can create an event and Google can pick up that event and that can help you rank for simple searches
- Google searches are becoming more local so looking at how you can rank locally is really important
- Don’t be afraid to be an expert in your field
- Commenting on forums and pages can help you with back links – when you do this, make sure you’re being genuine and adding value
- Make sure that your website is mobile responsive and that it looks great on a phone and a tablet
- Make sure that your website loads quickly – this is something Google uses in their rankings
- Pingdom is a great resource to check how well your website is doing
- If your website is loading slowly, start by shrinking your images
- Search JSON-LD on Google
- Moz.com and SEMRush are both good resources on SEO
- All in One SEO & Yoast are both good SEO plugins that can help you out on WordPress
- And much more… Here’s the episode!
Connect with Alec:
I am super excited to announce a brand new partnership with Schedulicity! Schedulicity is an online booking software that allows you to do everything from booking clients, to taking payments, to communicating with your clients. I personally love Schedulicity because I can do all of my booking through one easy platform. This week’s Schedulicity hot tip of the week is with Maya!
If you’ve been wondering how an online schedule can help you with your business, email Schedulicity at email@example.com or visit schedulicity.com for a chat with one of their support rockstars!
BLISSED is an online wellness platform and community, which offers programs to help you feel fully ALIVE! Their Simply Awaken Program is a 21 Day commitment for a total mind, body and soul Reset… It’s a great program to kick off the New Year and take control over your health. For 21 days, you complete an elimination diet while increasing fat and vegetable intake with the beneficial practice of intermittent fasting. Everything is organized and planned for you with weekly grocery lists, meal plans and delicious recipes. Enjoy access to a full library of yoga video’s for different styles, energy levels and time commitments with a focus on cleansing. In addition, there is a mindfulness library with guided meditations and journal prompts to track your progress and go deeper into Self awareness. This is NOT a one and done program.. its to teach you to notice how different foods and practices effect you. Simply Awaken encourages you to advocate for a higher standard of health in your life. Go to welcometoblissed.com and use promotion code: iamblissed (all one word) for 25% off their program. What do you think…. just 21 days to reclaim your health and your life.