Do you enjoy yoga, but want more? Do you crave learning more about the body and the way that the body moves? Do you want to do something different than simply teaching classes in a study? If so, this episode is for!
On this episode, Jules Mitchell shares her journey as a yoga teacher, her background in biomechanics, and how she incorporated biomechanics into her yoga teaching. We delve into creating a brand around a specialty, finding a community of people who connect with what your specialty or message, and much more.
- Speak to what you’re trained in and what you specialize in
- Be patient in learning – you can’t learn it all at once
- Try different things until you find a specialty that you enjoy, and then focus in on that
- Try things in your own body, and then introduce them to your students, and just see how they react
- Watch people’s bodies and the way that they move
- Stay focused and committed
- Choose what you want to teach – do you want to teach at a festival? a conference? run a teacher training?
- Stick with your skill set
- Don’t change your message for people because they don’t like it – attract the people that are interested in the same things that you are
- You can’t please everyone, especially on social media
- Don’t be scared to put yourself out there
- Create a website even if you don’t have a business & take a course on how to use WordPress
- Choose the social media that excites you and works well with your schedule
- You have to give up something to get something else
- You don’t have to, and you can’t do it all at once!
- Think about what you want to learn, and then go out and seek it
- And much more… Here’s the episode!
Connect with Jules