Do you dream of owning your own yoga studio? Do you wonder what it takes to open a yoga studio from scratch? If so, this episode is for you!
On this episode of the podcast, Atlanta based yoga studio owner, Amber Barry, shares her journey as a yoga teacher, why she decided to open a yoga studio, and what it was actually like to open up her dream studio. Amber also shares what it is like to run a yoga studio on a day-to-day basis, and everything she has learned along the way.
- Make everyone feel happy and welcome when they arrive at your yoga class
- Make yoga accessible for everyone
- If you want to open a yoga studio, be patient
- Owning a yoga studio has challenges, so make sure that that is what you really want!
- Believe in yourself, and go for what you want
- Your practice is the way to uncover your true self
- Finding a space for a yoga studio can be very difficult
- Consider if the location is desirable, if the building is nice, where students will park and how accessible parking is
- Ask for help!
- Tell people what you’re up to
- Reach out to people who could help you with services like graphic design, construction, interior design, etc.
- Know that you will do a lot on your own because it’s your studio
- Consistency is key – people need to know that they can rely on you
- Trust the struggle
- Have a clear mission at your studio
- Getting a group of teachers aligned can be difficult
- You don’t have to be in charge of the way your teachers teach – trust your teachers!
- Create a space that you are excited to come to, and your students will feel the same way
- Figuring out how to make a profit without compromising the values of the studio
- Look for the good in people and don’t take the things that your students are going through personally
- And much more… Here’s the episode!
Connect with Amber
Photos of Amber