On this episode of the podcast, I am joined by Arianne Traverso from Bizzy Yogi and the Yoga Expo in Miami. Arianne came to yoga from the graphic design and marketing world, and has been teaching yoga for over 15 years. On this episode, Arianne and I chat about her experience as a yoga teacher, a yoga studio owner, a mentor for yoga teachers, and the founder of Bizzy Yogi.
Arianne and I chat about the importance of sales funnels and how you can set up an effective sales funnel, the importance of digital marketing and how you can create an online presence, as well as why it’s important to have multiple revenue streams and how to create a side hustle that makes you money doing something that you love.
One of the big lessons that Arianne shares in this episode is to bring harmony into your business. Take what you learn on the mat and bring it into your life off the mat and into your business.
Business Lessons from this Episode:
- Find a mentor that can help you in the yoga industry
- Always be teachable
- Look at where your strengths lie
- Come back to your purpose
- As a yoga studio owner, stay humble and always focus on your students needs
- Always come back to the fact that you do community based work
- Hire great support staff and don’t micromanage them
- Trust others
- Don’t forget about your own self-care!
- Trust your gut and your intutition
- Always be in the drivers seat of your own career
- Have multiple revenue streams with your business
- Trading time for money – if you’re not teaching, you’re not making money
- Leveraging your strengths to create a product or service
- What do you love to do?
- Have a bigger vision and hire a mentor or business coach to help you get there
- Figure out what lifestyle you want and work towards that
- Sales funnels
- Sales copy
- Email marketing
- Sell people into a program
- Take people on a purchasing journey
- Making a beautiful website is one thing, but who is looking at your website?
- You need to have traffic, so focus on building your tribe!
- Have testimonials
- Facebook ads
- Facebook live
- Get speaking gifs
- Use Pinterest
- Join ventures like publications or summits
- How much value can you provide to an audience?
- Quality over quantity
- Know who your client is and know where they are and then try to connect with them wherever they are!
- Lessons from Yoga Expo
- Get email addresses and talk to people
- Be creative with the spaces and make sure that people are comfortable
- Listen to your customers
- Harmony – take the values that you learn on the mat and bring them off the mat and into your business
- Don’t over promise and not deliver
- Be authentic in all aspects of your business
- Be clear in your processes and have clarity in communication
- Learn from your mistakes and take action on them
- Celebrate the small successes, and have the moments where you allow yourself to cry (just make sure you pick yourself up!)
- Don’t feel bad for taking time off – people will understand
- Ask for help where needed and ask the right questions
- Have fun!
- Keep your vision – be flexible getting there
- And much more… Here’s the episode!
Connect with Arianne:
This episode of the podcast is brought to your by Ceterus. As a yoga entrepreneur, dealing with your finances, accounting, and tax preparation can be a headache. Ceterus specializes in accounting for yoga studios and takes care of all of that work for you, while giving you full access to your financial data and benchmarked reporting through their platform, Ceterus Edge, which is built on top of QuickBooks Online and integrates with MINDBODY Online. While they offer tax accounting, many of their customers also retain their current CPA and use Ceterus for month-to-month accounting and benchmarked reporting, which their CPAs love. To learn more about Ceterus’ yoga accounting and benchmarked reporting solution, please visit www.ceterus.com/mbom. If you sign up through this podcast, you will get 50% off your first two months!
This episode of the podcast is also brought to you by FavYogs! FavYogis is the newest yoga app designed specifically with Yogis in mind. It was built out of Santa Monica, CA by a practicing yogi and software engineer from MIT. FavYogis connects yoga students with their favorite teachers through a simple to use app that is free to download. Teachers can post one time events like workshops and retreats as well as regular weekly classes, and students can easily find teachers offerings from anywhere in the world. Use the code “MBOM” when you sign up and make sure they know I sent you! Sign up here!
I’ve also launched a private community on Facebook for yoga teachers who want to learn more about business. Join me here!