Welcome back for Season 3 of M.B.Om! I am so excited to kick off this season with an interview with Namastream co-founders Sandy Connery and Jennifer Barcelos. Sandy and Jennifer share how they got into the yoga industry, what inspired them to create Namastream, and what Namastream does for yoga teachers.
In this episode, we chat about the struggles of developing an online software business, as well as what Sandy and Jennifer see the Namastream teachers struggle with when it comes to creating an online business. We touch on imposter syndrome, producing content even though it’s not perfect, putting yourself out there, and how to create and market a successful online yoga business.
Business Lessons from this Episode:
- Offer something unique
- There is a place for everyone online, so offer what you’re passionate about
- “Who am I to?” – imposter syndrome can hold you back if you let it
- People get stuck before the launch phase of putting themselves out there
- Make what your students are asking for, and talk about what you’ve done
- Your students want to practice with YOU because they know who you are! Don’t get stuck thinking that you aren’t good enough to teach online
- Putting out content is more important than putting out perfect content
- Spend time selling and marketing your products and services
- Hustle and then you can automate and systematize
- Start by marketing to the people you know and then grow from there
- Passive income won’t just happen – you have to hustle to make that happen!
- Network and grow your email list. Once you have your email list, send something consistently!
- Charge what you’re worth
Connect with Sandy & Jennifer:
This episode of the podcast is brought to you by bookyogaretreats.com! I used bookyogaretreats to book my very first retreat and loved it. It’s a great platform for people who want to book a retreat or training and for yoga teachers who want to lead a retreat. Check it out here!
I’ve also launched a private community on Facebook for yoga teachers who want to learn more about business. Join me here!