Charles Du is a NASA software engineer turned digital nomad turned yoga teacher! Charles discovered his love of yoga only a few months ago after suffering various injuries and quickly turned his love of yoga into his career.
Charles has experience in business and digital marketing, and on this episode, he shares how that has helped to land a resident teaching yoga within the first week of being a yoga teacher, and how he has been able to offer unique offerings, such as beer yoga. We talk about the controversy around beer yoga and how these types of offerings can be offered in an intentional way, as well as his tips for finding a unique offering that excites you.
On September 24th, Charles is launching the Yoga Career Summit, an online summit to help yoga teachers grow their business, and he shares what the process has been like for that, how he has found teachers, and what he has learned along the way.
Business Lessons from this Episode:
- Find a venue to teach at – think outside the box and consider places like parks or coworking spaces, instead of just looking at studios
- Look for teaching opportunities where other people aren’t looking
- Understand the yoga scene in the city or country that you would like to teach in
- Look at conferences and opportunities to teach outside of the yoga industry
- When you’re new to teaching, offer your services for free
- Use Facebook ads to promote your classes
- Set a Facebook ad for less than $20, and use a Facebook page or event, or website
- Set the interests to “yoga”, “spirituality” and “meditation”
- Teach something that is outside the box, like beer yoga
- When teaching something that might not be considered traditional “yoga”, approach it with an intention.
- Be intentional about your learning and learn from an expert
- As yoga teachers we need to:
- Become a confident + authentic teacher
- Grow a passionate tribe
- Create a sustainable income stream
- And much more… here’s the episode!
Learn more about Charles here:Y
This episode of the podcast is brought to you by bookyogaretreats.com! I used bookyogaretreats to book my very first retreat and loved it. It’s a great platform for people who want to book a retreat or training and for yoga teachers who want to lead a retreat. Check it out here!
I’ve also launched a private community on Facebook for yoga teachers who want to learn more about business. Join me here!