Nearly one year ago, I had a fabulous conversation with Julie Zuzek from The Corporate Yogi about creating a brand and running yoga retreats. When Julie and I chatted last year, she had just launched her online platform for creating retreats, RetreatU.
A year later, RetreatU is growing a ton and Julie is back to share the 5 steps for planning a retreat. On this episode, we talk about being held back by fear and to develop more confidence before you begin. From there, Julie dives into the 5 steps to planning a retreat, including:
Are you feeling inspired yet?
I left this episode feeling inspired to launch my first retreat. Julie is full of knowledge and she shares openly how to get started launching your first retreat, leaving you feeling like you can confidently lead a successful retreat.
- Fear can hold us back
- Confidence comes from within
- Be patient with yourself
- Step 1: Create a vision
- What is your purpose?
- Creating an avatar
- Step 2: Validate, guarantee a demand, and get clear and specific
- The retreat won’t sell itself
- Get clear + specific on price point
- Step 3: Creating your retreat
- Determine costs
- Find your retreat venue
- Determine a pricing strategy
- Step 4: Marketing, positioning, and creating demand
- Step 5: Selling your retreat
- Have a newsletter, send emails, develop an info session
- Connect your experience with the right people
- People like to go on retreat with people they already know and trust
- Giving yourself time to plan and to get people interested
- And much more… Here’s the episode!
Did you miss the first episode that Julie did with M.B.Om? Listen to it here.
Do you want to learn more about RetreatU and the 5 Step Process to Creating Retreats? Join us for a webinar on March 23rd at 1pm EST. Register here!